Monday, March 3, 2008

Christmas Gift Bonanza, Part I


This was the first year in many years that I've felt compelled to make a lot of my Christmas gifts. I had everything together by Thanksgiving but didn't really start working on anything in earnest until the first week in December. That was a big mistake, but everything came together, albeit just under the wire. My first homemade gift of the season was a tablerunner for Martha, who hosts our small group Bible study every week, along with her husband, Phil. I used a Mistletoe Manor (Moda Christmas collection from 2006) charm pack I managed to snag on sale over the summer. Mistletoe Manor is my first Moda love, so it took some guts to cut into these squares. It helped knowing I have a 13" tall stack of Mistletoe Manor fat quarters in pristine condition still in my closet. For the quilting, I just stitched in the ditch on my machine.


Apologies for the less than stellar photos. I still need to read the owner's manual for my digital camera.


Started: December 2007
Finished: December 2007
Machine-pieced, Machine-quilted


No comments:

Post a Comment