Sunday, August 31, 2008

More Completed Projects!

Started: March 2008
Finished: August 2008
Machine-piece, Machine-quilted


Finally, I have finished quilts to post. I took the fabric fast earlier in the spring, where I only made quilt tops using fabric I already owned. I made 4 tops in 2 months, then I broke the fast to make one more top, using some Sonnet fabric that went on sale at the local quilt shop. Here's the first two tops I made, finally quilted and bound, using Roman Holiday charm squares, a jelly roll, and some fat quarters. The first one I made is above, then I had so many blocks left over, that I put them on point, added some yardage in between, then a couple of borders from the fat quarters. Finished product below...

Started: April 2008
Finished: July 2008
Machine-pieced, Machine-quilted

Those are the only two I completely finished so far. I've entered these two, along with the Sonnet quilt, in my guild's show in October. So, I've got a bit more quilting to do. Here's a picture of the quilt top, layered, pinned, and ready to go. All that's standing in my way is to find some empty bobbins to fill up, and I'll be ready to go. The pattern is from BlockCentral.com - one of their BOM patterns - Nine Patch Nirvana. It was my first BOM quilt, and it was fun, but I kind of miss the tessellations on the quilt top.