Wednesday, April 8, 2009

TWD - Banana Creme Pie


I won't lie. Out of all desserts, pies might scare me the most, probably because of the crust. The crust part of the process just seems to hold so much potential for disaster. I know crusts aren't that difficult, in theory, nor do they require exotic ingredients. But they just seem to take so much work. So, I might be a Tuesdays with Dorie black sheep for it, but I used a store-bought pie crust this week. This pie was my first pie with a custard filling - before I've usually stuck to apple and peach fillings - and the idea of getting both the filling and the crust right on the first try was just a bit too overwhelming.

I made the pie in stages and refrigerated the filling for a day or so, since Dorie conceded that this was allowed, and then put it all together last night. It doesn't look exactly like the cookbook picture, but it is still delicious! Now that I have the custard filling (somewhat) mastered, maybe next time, I'll try out my own pie crust??

I'm excited about next week's Chocolate Amaretti Torte!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it, we loved it too! I already made the torte and it's GONE, it was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete