Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Menu Plan Monday/Tuesday and Quilting Update

Alas again, I post a day late. I really do plan these things in advance. I'm just not too conscientious about the posting. Luckily, no one's grading me on my blogging.


Monday - Spinach Tortellini Toss, Asparagus
Tuesday - Baked Potato Soup, Apple & Cheddar Quesadillas
Wednesday - Tacos
Thursday - Breakfast for Dinner = Hashbrown Casserole, Eggs, Toast, Fruit
Friday - Frozen Pizza, Asparagus
Saturday - White Bean Soup and Paninis


With the end of the month and the food budget running pretty low, I decided to use up as much food in the pantry/refrigerator as possible. Overall, I think I did alright.


For more menu inspiration, be sure to take a look at Org Junkie's website.


In quilting news, Mom and I went to the AQS Expo in Knoxville last weekend and had a GREAT time, once I finally got there. As usual, I got lost in Knoxville (I'll never understand that place), and I had to pull into a Kroger parking lot, call my brother, and listen to his harrassment while he pulled up my location on Google Maps and kindly told me how to get back downtown.


I was surprised at how big the vendor mall was - much bigger than what I saw at the Mid-Atlantic show in Virginia a few months ago, but Mom and I both showed restraint and didn't buy too much. I was most impressed with these people, who were peddling fabric organizing sheaths. Compared to lots of quilters, I don't have that much fabric, but Mom does, and we were both totally sold on this product for a few reasons:
  • They're acid free, so you don't have to worry about the product damaging or fading your fabric
  • They're versatile enough that you can store them vertically or horizontally on a shelf, OR you can even tuck them in filing cabinets
  • They come in regular and fat quarter sizes
  • You can wrap a whole project's worth of fabric on these mini-bolts
  • They're re-usable
I promise you, these women aren't paying me (like they would gain big bucks from my 4 readers), but I was totally impressed with their product. If you have an uncontrollable stash, check out their website. The photos are particularly persuasive, I think.

3 comments:

  1. I read you! I just don't follow or subscribe in a conventional way: I have you bookmarked and check back every couple of days. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hashbrown casserole...it is such a guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you share your recipe for the apple cheese quesadea with me? Sounds good. The baked potato soup too?

    ReplyDelete