Friday, July 10, 2009

So Close I Can Taste It




I'm oh so excited about starting some new projects this fall, but I'm making myself wrap up a few other coals I've already got in the fire this summer. I've got 3 quilt tops completed, and I'd like to finish at least two of them before I start anything else. Oh, and I started piecing yet another quilt top when I moved into the new apartment last week. The next step in finishing my next top is to layer and baste the backing, batting, and top, and THAT is my absolute least favorite part of the quilting process.

My motivation to plow through and get to the next projects is to have the projects packaged up prettily in the plastic boxes, stacked on my closet shelves. What's in the boxes? The top box has lots of Peace on Earth fabric and a layer cake. I'd like to make a quilt for the queen-size bed I'll soon share with the husband-elect, using this pattern from the Moda website (grab it before they take it off to make way for more patterns!). In the bottom box - a Merry & Bright layer cake and some yardage from the same collection. I saw a photo of someone who had created a bowtie quilt from a Peace on Earth layer cake, and I decided I'd like to make one also. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment