Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1974 quilt!


1974 quilt!
Originally uploaded by meganalayne
I had so much fun pulling this quilt together. Pinwheels are my absolute favorite block, and each year, I have a quilt that has at least one pinwheel somewhere in it. This pattern came together so quickly and easily, I might just have to run out and get another layer cake and make quilt again, well I might have to wait until next month when the Fabric Allowance rolls over and starts again. I admit, I do have a couple of un-cut layer cakes sitting in my closet, but I've got big plans for them.

The fabric is 1974 from Urban Chicks, and it was a lot bluer than it looked in its layer cake stack. For the quilting patterns in the blocks, I used a template from Follow the Line Quilting Designs (http://www.amazon.com/Follow-Line-Quilting-Designs-Full-Size/dp/1564778177/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251226531&sr=8-1), and then for the big green border, I traced around the medallions and stippled inside them.


Started: May 2009
Finished: August 2009
Machine-pieced, machine-quilted


It seems like so many folks are having giveaways these days, and I haven't really participated in any of them due to the busy life (see previous post). But there's one going on right now that's just too exciting to ignore. Heather's giving away two whole stinkin' quilts that she herself made AND a stack of charm squares to 3 lucky winners. She does all her own quilting for the sample quilts in her books, and she is a-mazing. Be sure to go check it out - http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/2009/08/21/1621/.

No comments:

Post a Comment