Thursday, August 27, 2009

As if I need another project right now...

But I couldn't help myself. Sinta and Sherry are teaming up with Carrie Nelson (THE Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's fame) to bring the quilting world A Year of Schnibbles. I don't know if you've seen these patterns, but if not, they are *adorable.* If you don't believe me, look here, here, and here.



I just picked up a couple of the patterns (X-Rated and Dulcinea) at the AQS Expo in Knoxville last month, so I figured it has to be fate that a month after I buy a couple of patterns, there's a year-long event celebrating these miniature quilts.

So, if like me, you have enough charm squares to outfit a California King bed (twice), hop over to Sinta or Sherry's blogs to read more and sign up. Registration is free but hurry - it ends September 1, when they announce the first pattern. (eep! I'm probably way too excited about this, considering all the other junque that has to be taken care of.)

In news un-related to quilting or anything crafty, the photographers posted the online gallery for our engagement pictures this week! We're so excited but also slightly unnerved to see SO MANY photos of just the two of us. We're hoping we won't be quite so self-conscious about our wedding photos, since there are going to be lots of other folks in those pictures. Here's a sneak peek of the session on the photographers' blog. They're amazing to work with, and we've been so incredibly pleased with the results of their arduous labor so far!

1 comment:

  1. I was so tempted to sign up for that...but wasnt sure I wanted the pressue of getting one done every month. Good luck! Look forward to seeing what you make :-0

    ReplyDelete