Monday, August 3, 2009

Menu Plan Monday and a Mini Quilt Parade

We hit the Tomato Festival at the University Mall Farmer's Market this past weekend. I'll admit, it wasn't all that festive, except for the Russian guys playing the accordian and mandolin on a makeshift stage on one end of the market. But they didn't really have much to do with tomatoes. We DID buy lots of fresh tomatoes and bell peppers, so I'm trying out new recipes (Wednesday and Thursday) to use up the fresh produce.



Monday - Spinach Lasagna and Asparagus
Tuesday - Green Risotto and Salad
Wednesday - Tomato and Feta Sandwich, Broccoli
Thursday - Baked Orzo with Fontina and Peas (except we'll substitute cut peppers for the mushrooms - bleh); Green Beans
Friday - Frozen Pizza
Saturday - B-Day Party

Another tasty recipe - Roasted Red Pepper Spread Sandwiches

For more menu plans, see Toni's website.


In quilting news, when I was straightening up the extra bedroom, I discovered that I've slacked off in posting about finished quilts, which was the whole point of this blog in the first place. So I've decided to have a mini quilt parade of sorts this week to display all my finished quilts from the past, oh, year or so. Enjoy!!


Today's quilt was made from a charm pack of Simplicity (3 Sisters) fabric, along with some yardage from the same collection. This is a pattern I've made 3 or 4 times already, using charm packs. It uses up almost all the squares in the charm pack, and I usually buy 1.5 yards of a few of my favorite prints from the collection to frame the charm squares and as a border.


This was the first quilt where I used tracing paper to quilt the design, instead of directly drawing the design on the quilt top.
Ignore the couch, please. Yes, the photo needs to be tilted, but since it's a square quilt, I'm hoping it doesn't matter too much.


Started: September 2008
Finished: January 2009
Machine-pieced; Machine-quilted

0 comments:

Post a Comment