Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mini Quilt Parade, Day 3


Today's quilt was my first "leftover quilt." I had so many blocks leftover from yesterday's Roman Holiday quilt that I had plenty to make yet another one from the same collection.



Taking a lesson from Sharyn Craig, I took the leftover blocks, turned them on point to make a bigger quilt, and used a Roman Holiday print I found on super-sale at one of the local quilt shops, Plain & Simple Quilt Shop (that place is adorable!).



I'm especially fond of the borders. For the inner border, I pieced a bunch of itty-bitty rail fence blocks from the leftover nine-patch sashings. Then I cut my remaining fat quarter scraps into charm squares to use as an outer border.

Started: April 2008
Finished: August 2008
Machine-pieced; Machine-quilted

0 comments:

Post a Comment