Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mini-Quilt Parade, Day 4

This is another one of my favorite quilts I've made. I always think I don't like orange in my quilts, but every fall, I end up buying a collection with orange in it. With the exception of the red sashing around the blocks, all this fabric came from April Cornell's Sonnet collection a few years ago.

The pattern was one of Block Central's BOMs - Nine-Patch Nirvana - back in 2006. This has been my first and only BOM quilt I've done thus far. It was fun to have a variety of blocks to work on, but I kind of missed seeing the patterns emerge from one or two repeating blocks. On the other hand, I got a chance to make lots of neat blocks that I would love to make again as their own quilts.

Started: June 2008
Finished: October 2008 (about 2 weeks before I had to turn it in for the DOQ quilt show)
Machine-pieced, Machine-quilted

No comments:

Post a Comment