Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Roman Woven Stars Quilt


Roman Woven Stars Quilt
Originally uploaded by meganalayne
Mom says this one is her favorite out of all of the quilts I've made thus far. I almost agree with her. I think there are others I like more - like this one or maybe this one. But anyways, the pattern for this quilt came off the Moda website. Sadly enough, they only keep up so many free patterns at a time, but if you're interested, I can send you a PDF of my black and white copy with all my scribbles on it.


My favorite thing about this pattern didn't come to light until I was about half-way done with the piecing - since the stars are smaller than the blocks themselves, I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY about all those points coming together. Genius, pure genius.


The centers of the stars came from a few charm packs of Roman Holiday wovens. the background of the blocks and the star points came from various Moda collections, and the polka dot border came from Peace on Earth from 3 Sisters. (I <3 3Sisters!)


Started: February 2009
Finished: June 2009
Machine-pieced, machine-quilted

0 comments:

Post a Comment