Monday, October 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday and Schnibbles Productivity


Schnibbles Winter White
Originally uploaded by meganalayne
I'm finally getting around to this little ol' blog to update some. October's been a busy month, for sure. I finally got it together and finished the top for my Schnibbles pattern from September. I'm always so surprised when I finish a quilt top. I think I'm still such an immature quilter that I can't really visualize what the end product will look like. I have a general game plan for the colors, but I have a tough time wrapping my head around what the end product will look like. I just pick my collection, cut it up according to the directions, and start piecing, and I'm usually surprised in the end at which colors are the most prominent. Maybe it's better that way?


Anyways, this quilt was that way. I knew the cream was going to be pretty prominent. I mean, the title of the pattern is Winter WHITE, and I guess setting it on point with cream as the setting triangles lightened it up even more.


One of my goals for this whole Schnibbles project is for me to have a better sense of how the colors I pick for each part of a block affect the overall look of a quilt. We'll see how my projects progress throughout the year.


On to Menu Plan Monday...

Sunday - Potato Soup
Monday - Breakfast for Dinner
Tuesday - Chipotle-Kissed Sweet Potato Chili and Cornbread
Wednesday - Butternut Squash Soup
Thursday - Macaroni and Cheese, Green Beans
Friday - Frozen Pizza
Saturday - Tortellini with Vodka Sauce, Broccoli


Be sure to check out other menus this week @ OrgJunkie!

4 comments:

  1. I like your originality with Winter White!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your Winter White turned out. Using the lighter color really helps to set off the lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan, is that white, you used for the background of the flying geese. I received a kit for this quilt and they added white for the background. I ám wondering if I should use it.
    Your quilt turned out very pretty. I especially like the second one you made!!! Great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I should have read the post more thoroughly. I read you used cream. Yes, that is what I was thinking and my range in Glacé by moda. So it is different too. I guess I will go searching for some cream background (O:

    ReplyDelete