Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MORE Schnibbles Productivity

When I returned from the honeymoon, not only did I manage to finish off the September Schnibbles project, but I also got crackin' on the October Schnibbles project, Cindy Lou Who. I used a couple of Nostalgia charm packs, by April Cornell.


Since I had a set number of prints in each color, when I cut them into the small squares for the 9-patches, it kind of distorted the coloring on some of the bigger prints and made the top look pretty busy. But I'm okay with that. It enhances the scrappiness of the top, I suppose.


I know it's not a great photo, but I'll post it again once it's quilted and bound. No promises on when that will happen ;)


I'm on a piecing roll, so I'm eager to see what Schnibbles project is on tap for next month! I've got my fabric all ready for it...

7 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,

    In case you hadn't already heard about it, I wanted to send you a link about the Triangle Blogger Meet-up that is being arranged for in Nov at Six Plates.

    http://johnstonesvinblanc.blogspot.com/2009/10/triangle-blogger-meet-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Schnibbles! The fabric is luscious especially that border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so beautiful! Soft and romantic..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! The April Cornell fabrics seem to be a little mushy for small pieces but it also makes them look really old and scrappy in that "use what you got and live with it" sort of way. A look I happen to love... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love April Cornell fabrics. I'm sure it will look really great when you get it quilted. Quilting always makes the quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the color combination you used. It looks very feminine and refreshing. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your quilt top turned out. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete