Thursday, October 8, 2009

Shangri-La Quilt - FINISHED

Have I mentioned how much I love this fabric?

I have big plans to make yet another quilt from this line similar to this one. I have the jelly roll and all the charm packs I need. Add a few yards for borders and hopefully, I'll be able to crank another one out soon, maybe for our guest room bed. (Side Note: Cottage Quilts has this collection on sale, but leave some for me, okay?)




But back to the quilt at hand. The pattern is called "Spiral Strips" from Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott. I know I've waxed poetic about this book before, but allow me to sing its praises again. For all but one or two patterns in this book, you only need one jelly roll and some yardage for borders/filler. Added to that, the directions are very clear, and the diagrams are easy to follow. I seriously want to make all the patterns in the book. Twice.



The fabric is Shangri-La by 3 Sisters for Moda, except for the border, which came from the Roman Holiday collection. The quilting is just an allover stippling.


Now that the date is safely past, I can say that this quilt was the final quilt for my bridesmaids' quilts. This one went to the Maid of Honor, Melissa. I picked out this fabric for her, hoping that it would coordinate with her living room colors, and about 2 days after I finished her quilt, I was slightly dismayed to discover that she's planning to completely change her living room setup. She assured me, however, that it will coordinate equally well with her bedroom colors. I eeked by with these quilts, finishing them about 3 weeks before the bridesmaids' luncheon.


Machine-pieced, machine-quilted
Started: February 2009
Finished: September 2009

Be sure to check out other super-cool quilts at Park City Girl's Quilt Festival Fall 2009!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, you did a fantastic job and I really love the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic framed in chocolate brown! What a generous gift :)

    ReplyDelete