Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nature's Chorus Table Topper

Back in February, I went to see my parents one weekend. And even in the thick of planning a wedding, I discovered that I cannot be without a project for a whole weekend, especially when Mom has a whole sewing room full of projects (potential, started, almost finished, etc.). I think I have project envy. That Saturday, after we had our obligatory wedding planning update and visited with a few wedding vendors, I "made" Mom take me to the quilt shop to pick up something I could work on while I was home. I walked away with a charm pack of Nature's Chorus from April Cornell and some complimentary yardage. A quick perusal of a few of Mom's magazines revealed a pattern for placemats that was easily expanded into a tabletopper.


After piecing the top, I discovered that it was a lot greener than I anticipated, but I persevered on, more concerned with having a finished project than getting the colors just right.


I won't lie. It's definitely not my favorite small project I've made thus far, but it served its purpose well. It gave me something constructive to work on while I was at home that weekend, and I got to play with a new collection. Well, it was new at the time.


Started: February 2009
Finished: November 2009
Machine-pieced, Machine-quilted

No comments:

Post a Comment