Thursday, December 31, 2009

Freestylin' Tuffets


Schnibbles Tuffets II
Originally uploaded by meganalayne
CONFESSION: One of my main problems in life = not following directions. As a quilter, that can lead to some, um, creative outcomes. I got really excited about making the Tuffets pincushions yesterday, then I looked at the directions AFTER I had already cut my fabric. Oops. So they don't look exactly like the ones on the pattern cover, but they're still pretty adorable, right?


I used a Nature's Notebook charm pack, from April Cornell. When I first saw this new collection on the Jolly Jabber a few months ago, I was oh so excited. I credit April Cornell's Sunshine collection for igniting my love affair with all things MODA a few years back, and this new collection coordinates perfectly with all that Sunshine yardage I haven't cut into yet. Seriously, now that I've started, I want a whole blue and yellow room using this stuff.


November Schnibbles update: See above about not following directions. I decided to make this Schnibbles into somewhat of a monstrous-sized Schnibbles quilt. Instead of making it a 4x4 quilt, I decided to make it 8x8. That makes for a crapola load of half-square triangles. I finished sewing them this weekend, now I just have to unpack my iron, ironing board, and find the "safe place" where I stashed the project for the ride home. I'll catch up eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment