Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 Accomplishments


Stack o' quilts
Originally uploaded by meganalayne
Last night, we were sitting there watching the Raleigh acorn drop on the local network, talking about how old we are since we only recognized a few of the singers, and reminiscing about 2009. It was a pretty big year for us, by any measures - we got married, bought a house, and we're slowly but surely becoming BFFs with the folks at Lowe's and Home Depot as we make our upgrades.


With all that going on, I haven't been as productive with my quilting as previous years, but I've LOVED all the quilts I finished this year.



On top of the finished projects, I have bookoos of quilt tops to keep me busy, partially due to the Schnibbles challenge, but I've been cranking out a few on my own also. I would love to invest in a longarm machine one day, so I'm telling myself I need to have practice tops once I get one :)


Mom and Dad are moving 16 or so hours away later this month, and Mom's been cleaning out her sewing room, which has meant lots of new-to-me fabric has entered my stash. I can't wait to start on my 2010 projects (planned and unplanned)!


Hope everyone has a year filled with sewing and other craftiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment