Saturday, February 6, 2010

Best Of My World This Week (2-week Edition)


CRAFTINESS
  • Skinny Verna Table Runner - The perfect pattern for all those lone charm packs I have sitting around. For most charm projects, I like to use 2 charm packs, but sometimes I just don't like a collection enough to buy two, so the packs sit around for months (years). Here's to using one up with this pattern.
  • Pretty Organization - For the file cabinet I inherited from Mom and Dad. The Hubz won't even know what hit him.
  • Decoupaging Furniture - Mom and Dad also gave me an ugly brown desk. It's in good condition but just not very pretty. Once I decided where it goes, I'll get to work.
  • Lace-Trimmed T-Shirt - I realized that in the spring/summer, I live in T-shirts from Old Navy and Target. Maybe I can dress up a few so I don't look like I'm still in college.
  • Graduation Quilt Pattern - I've been thinking about a similar style of quilt for our bedroom. Maybe just a plain cream with a stripe of coordinating prints going down one side?
  • Fabric Wrap Photo Mat - For any last-minute Valentine's Day gifts you need to crank out.
FOOD
  • Pizza Bites - Just in case you haven't decided what you're going to fix for your Super Bowl Party (Go Saints!)
  • Chicken Corn and Potato Chowder - Maybe it's because it's been so stinkin' cold for the past few months, but this sounds sooo tasty.
  • Pear Crostata - Don't worry. If you scroll down, the recipe's in English.
  • Indoor Herb Garden Tips - 1) I'm tired of paying too much $$ for basil in the middle of winter. 2) The previous owners of our house left a boatload of small flower pots on the backporch with dead cactus plants in them. It's time to put them to work.
  • Cookbook Exploitation Month - The author estimates that 95% of the recipes sitting on his shelf have never even been tried. Eep. I've been trying to use my cookbooks more often. It's so easy to get stuck in my usual routine of the 15-25 recipes or so that I know from memory and just make those over and over again. This next week, I'm trying some new recipes from our Moosewood Restaurant cookbook. (More on that in a few days)
  • More Month Than Money - This handy little booklet has been a pretty good guide for me as I've started worrying about sticking within our monthly grocery budget and putting healthy food on the table.
  • Fruit Salad to Rival the Cheese Plate - The very few times that the Mother In Law actually asks me to bring something to family get togethers, it's always fruit salad. And somehow, my salad is always an epic fail. Next time, I'll be prepared with this recipe.
  • The Top 10 Top 10 Food Lists - Because every vh1 fan likes a good countdown.
  • Fudgy Kahlua Brownies with Brown Butter Icing - 'Nough said.

LIFE

1 comment:

  1. Love the table runner!

    Love the File Cabinet idea!

    Love, Love, Love the decoupage idea!

    Love the quilt idea!

    Have fun creating all of them!

    ReplyDelete