Saturday, February 20, 2010

Best of My World This Week, through 2/20

CRAFTINESS
  • Green Fairy Quilts Feather Quilting Video - Judi is one of the best quilters I've seen out in blogland, and I could watch her quilt all day long, hoping to absorb some of her talent. If you're as awed as I am, be sure to check out some of the other videos she's posted.
  • Creative Pre-Cut Storage - Brought to you by Carrie - I thought this was a great way to store your pre-cuts so you can drool over, I mean, see them.
  • The Knitting Olympics - The challenge: While you watch the Olympics, have a specific project to finish. Yes, the Olympics are almost over, but think there's a project you can finish before the closing bars of the last medals ceremony?
  • Roman Blind Curtains - Almost all the curtains in our house were hideous when we moved in, but I'm on the lookout for easy-ish tutorials to make some replacements.

FOOD
  • Irish Soda Bread - Get your Irish on in preparation for St. Patrick's Day.
  • Filling Breakfasts - For some reason, once I hit college, it was a like someone flipped a switch in my brain, and all of a sudden, I LOVED breakfast food. Ever since I graduated, one of the things I miss most about school is a huge buffet of breakfast food that I don't have to fix or clean up. Sigh.
  • Baked Eggplant Parmesan - First you bake (not fry) the breaded eggplant, then you bake them again with the pasta and sauce. My kind of easy low-mess recipe.
  • Cinnamon Bun Recipe (Bread Baker's Apprentice) - To anyone who reads this and knows such things, can I freeze these buns and save them to bake one or two or three at a time later?
  • Rustic Cocoa Cream Loaf Cake - Um, can we say yum?

LIFE
  • Vintage Ad Browser - I don't know why they're so appealing to me, but I don't think there's a single room in my house where I wouldn't put a vintage ad poster. Even the bathrooms, maybe especially the bathrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment