Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday and a Schnibbles Finish!



I had a great weekend, but I didn't spend much time at the house, meaning I didn't have much time to get organized for the week, like I usually do. So here it is Monday, and I feel slightly off-kilter and disorganized. All that being said, I'm aiming for a low-key week in the kitchen, so as not to perpetuate the disorganization.


Sunday - Super Bowl snacks
Monday - Leftovers; Make BANANA Bread
Tuesday - Creamy Orzo, Asparagus
Wednesday - Potato-Ale Cheese Soup
Thursday - Baked Latkes, Applesauce, Asparagus
Friday - Frozen Pizza
Saturday - Eat out/Take out?


For more menu plans, be sure to check out OrgJunkie's website.


In exciting weekend news, while I was home, I worked on my Picnic Schnibbles top (outstanding since November, oops). I ended up with 36 baskets altogether (in this quilt. I have 32 more that I haven't decided what to do with.), and I used a completely different setting than Carrie suggests (see previous posts about not following directions). It's not quite as Schnibbly as the other quilts on parade, not all of my points matched (eh, maybe someday), but I love this one just the same. But seriously, y'all. Quilt patterns like this, with all the triangles to be cut, pressed, and trimmed, were NOT meant to be doubled. I should have known better. I'm making a pact that from here on out, I'm not doubling, tripling, etc the number of blocks in Carrie's patterns. I know, I'm probably going to be eating my words in a couple of months. But it makes it a lot more manageable to just follow the directions.




I used a layer cake - Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey - and plain cream for the backgrounds. The colors in this collection are so fun and fresh. I think they look like prints you would find in a Pottery Barn catalog. What I'm most excited about is that, as of today, I am caught up on the Schnibbles challenge. Thank goodness Sinta and Sherry are counting flimsies as finishes. Otherwise, I'd be toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment