Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Parade of Tablerunners, Day 2


Today's tablerunner is brought to you by two of my favorite peeps in the quilting world: April Cornell and Heather Mulder Peterson. I made the top for this tablerunner about a year ago out of a charm pack that I wasn't really all that into, using a pattern that didn't really excite me all that much when I started it.


After a few months, I realized that admittedly, yes, it's true. None of the fabric really matches anything else I've done before, but that's alright. And it's true that none of my points in the pattern matched up, despite the fact that I actually followed the directions closely (a novel thing for me).


But once I pulled it out of the rubbermaid bin to quilt it last week, it hit me that I LOVE this tablerunner. As I was binding it the other night, I just kept smiling because the thought of it hanging in my cubicle at work is pretty exciting (If you could see my drab cubicle, you'd understand.) I dunno why it took me so long to come around to it. Maybe sometimes these things just need to percolate for a bit.


Vital stats...
Collection: Maypole from April Cornell
Pattern: Everyday TableTopper from Charmed and Dangerous by Heather Mulder Peterson
Started: February 2009
Finished: February 2010
Machine-pieced, machine-quilted

1 comment: