Thursday, February 25, 2010

Parade of Tablerunners, Day 3


Today's the last day of my tablerunner parade for now. Today's runner is made out of leftover quilt blocks. I've heard of some folks who save all their leftover blocks from various quilts, then they make one big "leftover" scrap quilt using the various blocks. I like this idea, but even more, I still like for my quilts to be matchy-matchy (hence my love of pre-cuts). Whenever I use the layercakes, jelly rolls, etc, inevitably, I end up with a few extra blocks than what I need. So I make table runners out of the leftovers. This time around, I even had some extra border and binding fabric to complement the original quilt that I made for Merissa last year for being in our wedding.


Vital stats...
Fabric: 1974 from Urban Chicks
Started: August 2009
Finished: February 2010
Machine-pieced, machine-quilted

0 comments:

Post a Comment