Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Resolution Update #1

So I'd like to hold myself to some level of accountability with the resolutions I so boldly proclaimed last month. Here's the ugly truth...


1) Flossing 4x/week: Epic fail. Although when I went to the dentist a week and a half ago, I didn't get the usual finger-wagging lecture on the importance of flossing. I can't decide if I'm lucky or if the electric toothbrush I've been using the past 7 months or so is compensating for my bad habits.

2) 10,000 steps/day: Success, followed by failure. I was REALLY good about this for about 3 weeks. Heck, I even lost 8 pounds, count them - EIGHT. That's a whole BABY. Then work got busy, it got stinkin' cold, and I'm kind of right back where I started - averaging anywhere between 5000 and 8000 steps/day. February will be better. It must be better. My back hurt all weekend, and besides that, spring's coming. I can't hide my rolls under my fleece jacket forever.

3) Cutting into fat quarter bundles: not yet, but I have plans.

4) Scrap quilt top: not yet, but the ideas are percolating.

5) Exploring new restaurants in Durham: wildly successful. Thus far, we've tried Thai Cafe, Rockwood Filling Station, and El Corral, all restaurants we would gladly visit again.


So there it is, my brutally honest resolution update. Does anyone else have any happy resolution updates?

1 comment:

  1. Flossing and I have a love and hate relationship too - we're always on again, off again :p

    I've wanted to try El Corral, glad it's a place you'd go back to. Love your other choices as well.

    ReplyDelete