Monday, March 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday, 3/14-3/20


Sunday - Spring Green Risotto
Monday - Quilt Guild and Leftovers for me; Fake Chicken Sandwiches and Tater Tots for the Hubz (the penultimate vegetarian bachelor meal, apparently)
Tuesday - Black Bean Soup, Cornbread
Wednesday - Nachos
Thursday - French Toast and Veggie Sausage Links
Friday - Frozen Pizza
Saturday - Penne with Vodka Sauce


Other foods to make:
Irish Soda Bread (for St. Patrick's Day!!)
Muffins or Quick Bread for work snacks
Butter Pecan Cake


Yesterday, we made our weekly grocery trip, this time braving the weekend crowds @ Costco. I will declare it a smashing success, not because we stayed within our weekly budget (we didn't), but because I sampled some of the most amazing Dubliner cheddar cheese. I splurged and bought the smallest unit they sell (2 lbs). One pound will undoubtedly end up in one of many fabulous macaroni and cheese recipes. The Hubz and I are still negotiating what to do with the other pound.


LOTS of finished crafty projects to show you/re-reveal this week! You've seen the finished tops over the past few months. With the daylight savings time transition, I'm hoping to get outside while it's still light to take some decent photos later this week.

3 comments:

  1. I would love for you to share some good vegetarian slow cooker ideas on Crock Pot Wednesday. Feel free to add whatever you would like this week. My corned beef and cabbage are cooking away in the slow cooker right now - now vegetarian but good still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again...everything sound "de-li-cious"!

    BTW-Love the new blog look! How did you do it??? Mine needs help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss our visits to Sam's Club. The demo stations were so fun. And once in awhile we would find something that we just had to buy.

    our menu plan sounds delicious.

    I really enjoy MPM because I’m able to get loads of recipe ideas.

    Just another reason for loving blogging.

    Well, I’ve got to get back to some window shopping on QVC. They selling some outdoor washable rugs right now.

    ReplyDelete