Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday and Bee Productive!



This is the last week of our family budget cycle, meaning I had about $15 left in the food line. I took a hard look at the food we had on hand and was able to eek by at the grocery store with $2.57 left to spare in our grocery slush fund for this month. Here's what we're eating:


Sunday - Creamy Orzo (double the vegetables, halve the cream and parmesan as always), Asparagus
Monday - Leftovers
Tuesday - Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadillas, Avocado
Wednesday - Homemade Pizza trying out this pizza crust
Thursday - Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
Friday - Pasta and Vodka Sauce, Green Beans


For more menus, be sure to check out OrgJunkie.



Despite the fact that I've barely posted at all on the blog this month, I have been fairly productive. Last weekend, I finished my Sew Bee It blocks for Geraldine. She chose some great solids and asked us to make wonky four-patches, then sash them in a pearly gray. Not my usual palette of colors, but it was great fun! Be sure to check out the tutorial she posted - I have big plans to try this pattern out with some crazy modern prints I have my eye on.


Oh and P.S. - the cashier who rung up my groceries @ Kroger this weekend was a tres weird. After barely saying a word to the 2 customers in front of me, he carried on and on with me about how much he loves Nancy Grace and how she's "easy on the eyes" and how her "take no prisoners approach gets him going." Which is all fine. Every cashier is entitled to their own political preferences. But I'm not really a Nancy Grace kind of girl. She's just a little too abrasive for me. Oh, and I usual don't discuss with cashiers at any store what "gets [them] going." But I didn't want to bring this up with the man because I didn't want to have any "problems" with my coupons. So I just grimaced awkwardly and breathed a sigh of relief when I made it back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment