Saturday, May 22, 2010

Best Of My World This Week

CRAFTINESS
  • Wonky Star Tutorial - I just used this tutorial for one of my Triangle Modern Quilt Guild swap blocks, and it was much fun! I recommend it as a great way to use up the stash. I'm thinking about using it as my block when it comes to be my month for Sew Bee It. Then again, my month isn't until December, so I have plenty of time to change my mind.
  • Half-Square Triangle Tutorial - Karrie explains how to make half-square triangles from jelly roll strips withOUT buying a new special ruler.
  • Raw Edge Applique Tutorial - Allison posted this quilt as part of the Blogger's Quilt Festival, and I was reminded of how much I want to try out this quilt pattern - maybe as a scrappy drunkard's path?

FOOD
LIFE

1 comment:

  1. Megan! I have a quilt planned that involves a lot of applique circles that I have been putting off because I was nervous about turning under the edges. That raw edge tutorial is great. Now I might actually get around to making it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete