Sorry for the (two?) week-long hiatus. I went out of town this past week to visit the parents in Louisiana, and didn't spend much time in front of the computer. The sad news is that I seem to have forgotten how to assemble a paragraph of related thoughts and statements. The good news is that I have lots of random information to impart. In no particular order:
The Pioneer Woman Salsa I Linked to a Few Weeks Back
- Don't double it. Unless you're planning to have your local high school football team over to watch the Super Bowl. It makes Costco-like portions.
- Should you choose to ignore me and double it anyways, DON'T try to do it all at once in your food processor, unless you have an industrial-sized food processor. Trust me on this one, please. Or else you will make a mess.
- Ask me how I know all this.
Schnibbles Pattern for This Month
- Nicole posted some photos that lay out the basic steps for assembling this block, and I can't help but think that this method isn't the most efficient way to use the charm squares.
- I'm thinking that if I cut each charm square in half (2.5"x5"), sew each strip to a 2.5"x5" background strip, square these up, cut it in half on the diagonal, then make pinwheels from the HST units.
- Clear as mud? I thought so. I'll keep you updated on how it goes. Cutting all those units on the bias might be the end of me.
- Oh, and p.s., I've decided to use the Hunky Dory fabric by Chez Moi.
Finished TMQG Quilt Blocks
- I have a boatload of finished blocks queued up to show you for the Triangle Modern Quilt Guild's first block swap.
- But I'm still not done with all twelve of mine. I kind of need to get on that, since they're due a week from today.
- The story on this swap: Coordinated by John (that's right. I'm in a guild with the oh so famous QuiltDad.), each 12.5" block must contain a swatch of some size from one of the three Odyssea fat quarters we received a couple of months back.
- I've seen photos of some of the other swappers' finished blocks, and mine are pretty traditional. I keep thinking I'll get kicked out of this guild for not being modern enough.