Monday, June 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday and Siggy Blocks!


Sunday - Dinner @ In-laws (Father's Day)
Monday - Chicken Pitas
Tuesday - Roasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Risotto
Wednesday - Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
Thursday - Potato Soup
Friday - Frozen Pizza
Saturday - Spinach Shells


Finally, a semi-finished project! I didn't intend to sign up for the 2nd round of siggy swaps, but the idea kind of grew on me. Julie just made the pattern so dang easy, how could I resist? So here are my finished blocks in all their glory, ready to be mailed out. I used some blue fabric from Chez Moi's Hunky Dory collection.


Last weekend, I even made quick work out of using up the siggy scraps to make a few scrappy courthouse steps-ish quilt blocks (all fabric from my stash - woohoo!). The fabrics are uber-girly, so I'm not sure I can get away with keeping a finished product on display in the house, but we'll see. I haven't even decided on a block layout yet. Maybe I'll set the blocks on point? Sash them with some bright white fabric for contrast? Make a ginormous cross quilt from them? Who knows.

1 comment: