Saturday, June 19, 2010

TMQG Block Swap FINAL Episode

Um, so I lied last Thursday when I said I'd be back on Friday. A series of events (unplanned cable/internet outage for 3 days, company, and work craziness) led to a week of non-blogging.


Now, I'm back (finally) with the final two blocks for the TMQG swap.


This first block (above) is called Love in a Mist. I love the scrappiness of it, but it was a heckalotta cutting and piecing, with all those half-square triangles. It's definitely one of those blocks that's beautiful, but I don't know if I'd be up for a whole quilt of those blocks.


And the final block was inspired by this tutorial. I had never made a cross block before this one, and I didn't have a firm grasp on the basic construction. I wish I could say that the green polka dot print down the one side was me being intentionally asymmetrically modern. Alas, I accidentally cut the block a tad too short when I squared it up. So I tacked that strip to the side.


The bright green freshly cut grass in the photos is brought to you, courtesy of the Hubz who had just finished mowing the lawn.


For anyone who's been dying to know what we ate this week, here's a brief recap:


Frozen Pizza, Greek Salad
Venetian Mac and Cheese, Balsamic Roasted Chicken, Salad
Corn and Roasted Pepper Chowder - This was amazing - Sara Foster knows her soups!
Leftovers
Creamy Orzo, Salad
Capellini Piedmontese (holdover from last week) - eh, this was alright.
Black Bean Burgers, Tater Tots, Carrots and Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment