Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm Famous and Dinner

Okay, I'm not really famous, but I nearly peed in my pants this afternoon when I noticed that Kate Spain, that's right The Kate Spain, commented on my Verna top quilt photo.

Verna Nine Patch

My first thought was "Holy @#%^!" My second thought was, "Crap, I really should have ironed that before I threw it out on the front lawn, snapped a photo, and stuck it in the Verna Project Group, where the fabric designer could see it. Eh, whatevs. I guess I'll have to finish it sometime next month and take another photo.


But just so y'all know I'm keeping it in perspective and not letting this brush with greatness go to my head, I'd like to fully disclose that she was kind enough to say nice things about ALL the projects in the pool. Conclusions: Put your stuff out there so peeps can see it! But if you're worried about famous people seeing your stuff, you should probably iron it before slapping it into a flickr group.



Menu Plan Monday Banner


And because 1) it's Monday and 2) I know you're on the edge of your seats wondering what we'll consume this week, here's our menu...


Sunday - Spinach and Goat Cheese Risotto
Monday - Macaroni and Cheese, Broccoli
Tuesday - Streamlined Minestrone Soup (from the Vegetarian Family Cookbook), Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Wednesday - Bean and Rice Burritos
Thursday - Pasta with Vodka Sauce, Broccoli
Friday - Pizza, Salad


For more menus, be sure to check out OrgJunkie!

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny, Megan! But I know how you feel - when John (Quilt Dad) posted a pic of the quilt I made using his pattern on his blog, I was over the moon! But as someone once told me, we're all just quilters! (OK, maybe Kate Spain is more than that, but you get what I mean!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    Thank you for your sweet comment about my quilts over @ Moda Bake Shop! I'm glad my quilts can make you excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, congrats! I know exactly how you feel--Kate Spain commented on one of my quilts last week, and I am still SOOO over the moon about it!

    I love that you have taken a charm pack and minimal yardage, mixed with some white to make a quilt--just perfect!

    ReplyDelete