Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Alive!



I realize that the blog has been pretty much SILENT over the past couple of weeks. I agreed to help out with a baby shower for the sister-in-law that took place this past Saturday. In the end, it was lots of fun, but it kind of consumed my life there for awhile. Let's just say I let myself get a little overwhelmed by all the details and everyone else's expectations. Ask Mom, she'll tell you. She came to visit during the middle of the planning process the beginning of last week, and I used her visit to engage in some serious retail therapy at the local quilt shops to work off the stress. How I'm justifying the fabric splurge to myself:
- I stayed within my allowance, once you factor in my b-day money.
- Most of the fabric was bought on sale and/or with a gift card
- ALL of the fabric will be used with fabric I already have for projects I've already conceived.
- Honest to goodness, I was a lot more RELAXED about the shower after I bought all that fabric.

(Dear Hubz, if you're reading this, please don't ask me exactly how many yards of fabric came into our house last Tuesday. I did the math while I was trying to fall asleep last night. It's an astounding/embarrassing number.)

Before I dropped off the face of the earth, however, I managed to finish up my July block for Sew Bee It. Ramona sent us some scraps of feedsack-like fabric, and told us to make whatever we pleased from them. For once in my life, I was glad I procrastinated on this, because about mid-way through July this block started popping up in blogland, and a few days later, I found a tutorial. I thought it was PERFECT for these scraps. As luck would have it, Rebecca, one of the other bee members, made the reverse version of the block. Ramona - If you happen to be reading this, I realized last night when I was looking through pictures that I COMPLETELY forgot to make your signature block. I just cranked one out, and I'm mailing it tomorrow. Sorry for the brain fart!!

Scrapbuster Block

Once again, the bee block would be PERFECT for scrap-busting, especially if you have a bin of 1.5" strips, like I do. If you have especially large loads of 1.5" strips and/or honeybuns to eliminate, take a look at the reverse block here.


More crafty adventures to come later this week, including:

While you grip the edges of your seats in anticipation, here's what we're eating this week:

  • Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
  • Falafel-Stuffed Pitas, Carrot Sticks, Potato Chips (I know, potato chips are evil, but sometimes the excessively crunchy lure of kettle-cooked chips is simply too dang strong.)
  • Spinach Shells, Broccoli
  • Breakfast for Dinner - French Toast, Smoothies
  • Frozen Pizza, Salad
  • Minestrone Soup, Salad, Rolls
  • Twice-Baked Potatoes (Summertime version with Corn and Roasted Red Pepper), Broccoli

For more of this week's menu plans, be sure to check out Menu Plan Monday @ OrgJunkie.

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Weddings and showers are consuming! But retail therapy is awlays a good way to decompress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan!
    It seems that we both like the same ;o). The Stashbuster blocks are so versatile...love your version and your bee-partner surely will be pleased with it!

    ReplyDelete