Monday, September 6, 2010

Bee Splendid Month 2 (finally) and Food

Finally (!), I'm blogging about Month 2 from the Bee Splendid bee. Mary asked us to make some Drunk Love-style blocks, inspired by Denyse Schmidt. I put off making these blocks until the last week of the month, mainly because I was nervous about doing something "wrong" and running out of fabric. Luckily, Mary linked to a tutorial as a starting point for people (like me!) who crave the step by step instructions.

DSCN1450


I used the tutorial for my first block. Then, I discovered that I needn't have worried about messing up. There's not much you can do to screw up these blocks.

DSCN1452

So I free-styled it on the 2nd block.

DSCN1453

Finally, I used all the leftover bits to crumb-piece a signature block (center).


Mary, I can't wait to see how your quilt turns out!!


Would I make this pattern again? Yes! I'm thinking about using one of my Moda scrap bags for it, since all the strips are already cut in all different widths. But I don't really have any modern-ish fabrics in a scrap bag. So maybe I could use the Kansas Troubles collection I have and call my quilt Laura Ingalls Gets Toasted or something like that.


I'm planning on a mini-Schnibbles parade this week. I finally finished the bindings on 3 months' worth of Schnibbles. Here's a sneak peek...

DSCN1469

Finally, here's what we're eating this week...

Tomato Pie (like this but halve all the cheese and the mayo, then double the tomatoes and make your own crust), Green Beans
Nachos!
Potato Soup, Salad
Pizza, Salad
Spinach Shells, Bread
Roasted Tomato Risotto

For more menus, be sure to check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday post for this week!

1 comment:

  1. Laura Ingalls Wilder Gets Toasted . . . ha ha ha! Love it! You should totally do it!

    Also loved the link to "Crumb Piecing." I hadn't heard of that before!

    Thanks for the fab blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete