Thursday, September 9, 2010

Schnibbles Mini-Parade Day 1

DSCN1457

As promised, here's the first installment of my Schnibbles mini-parade. Back in May, Sinta and Sherri gave everyone the option to choose a pattern from Carrie's new book - Schnibbles Times Two, which by the way, I highly recommend you buy if you have lots of charm packs or layer cakes sitting around with no plans.

I had my eye on the X-Rated pattern for awhile by that point. It was actually the first Schnibbles pattern to pique my curiosity. I had seen a few instances of it in blogland, and I even went so far as to pick up the pattern at the AQS show in Knoxville last summer, but I neatly tucked it away on my pattern shelf when I got home. I decided this was my big opportunity to finally make the pattern.

It takes about a charm pack and a half to complete the pattern. I saved the bulk of the red and green prints from Cotton Blossoms for the border to give it a bit of a Christmas-y look. I'm using the remaining squares plus another Cotton Blossoms charm pack to make a Wild Thing quilt by Camille. (That's my laid-back quilt. It has no deadline. I'm just making it for fun. No pressure. I don't even have a deadline listed for it on my spreadsheet. Disclaimer: Don't expect to see it on the blog for awhile.)

Like I said when I pieced it, since you piece the quilt rows at a time, instead of blocks at a time, it can get a wee bit tedious to piece all the tiny pieces together. But in the end, I think it's worth it.

For the quilting, I stippled tightly in the background areas and stitched in the ditch around the "X's."

DSCN1456

Vital stats:
Started: July 2010
Finished: August 2010
Machine-pieced, machine-quilted
Fabric collection: Cotton Blossoms by Bonnie & Camille

4 comments:

  1. looks great! I like how you've done the quilting.

    I have stayed away from that pattern so far because of the long rows, but I do like it. :)

    very nice Megan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I love the pattern and yours came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job...love this one!

    ReplyDelete