Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm here.

Last week seemed awfully busy, so this week, I had every intention of doing some catch-up blogging.

Our cable/internet company, however, had other ideas in mind. We've been without our internet and our already measley cable choices (the 1st 25 stations) since Monday. The first night of the media outage seemed like pure misery for about a half-hour, as I accumstomed myself to the idea. I don't really think of myself as one of those people who watches a ton of TV or NEEDS internet access to survive every second of the day, but I did have some things that I had planned to do online that night. Once I reconciled myself to the fact that those plans were pretty much out the window, my attitude improved, and I went upstairs to sew for awhile.

I won't lie. I'm still trying to make peace with the fact that the cable company said the cable/internet outage might not be fixed until Friday afternoon, since it's not considered a "major outage." But in the meantime, if you haven't heard from me, trust that I'm probably upstairs stitching away on this quilt, in hopes that I'll be able to curl up in front of my Netflix On-Demand movies this weekend, while I sew down some binding.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those Dresden Plates are gorgeous! I feel your pain - when our internet goes out (a frequent occurrence as we live in the sticks!) I actually feel like I'm going through withdrawal! Hopefully they'll have it up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the quilt you are making. Sometimes it is good to have the internet off for a while. But I understand how you feel. Hey I really like this netflix thing! I am just trying it out and I love it so far. I am not a big t.v. watcher but am finding that I love watching movies while ironing or sewing. I found you through the FNSI

    ReplyDelete