Wednesday, November 10, 2010

WIP Wednesday

I have 2 projects I'm actively working on right now. Sidenote: I used to not be like this, you know. I used to only work on one project at a time. But I'd like to think I'm more fun now, even if my sewing room is a disaster.

Ahem, back to the projects.

The first one I've been working on is one of my UFOs - a pint-sized Wild Thing pattern in some leftover Cotton Blossoms fabric. I think I classified it as a "Group E" project - something I had barely started but wanted to finish. And it wasn't one of the Top 3 that I picked to finish either. But it called to me. I think it's all the autumnal colors in there. Here's a picture of Camille's finished product.

Here's my work in progress.

IMG_1808

I still have a ways to go (duh). I'm toying with the idea of setting all those chunky pinwheels on point to make it a little bigger. Since the blocks only finish at 4", the quilt is a little small, even with the borders I have planned, and I'd like it to be big enough to at least cover me from the waist down when I curl up on the couch this winter (or maybe next winter).



The second project I'm wrapping up is for SewGalCal's 2010 Christmas Quilt Show. I'm super-excited about this event!!! It's similar to the quilt festival that Amy just hosted, but it's exclusively for holiday-themed quilts. Do you have a holiday quilt you'd like to show off? If so, just write a post about it sometime next week and link up on SewCalGal's post for the show. I'm so excited (and I just can't hide it) to see all the holiday quilts! It should be just the ticket to help me get in the mindset for Christmas.

Finally, there are still a few more hours left for y'all to vote for your favorite Thanksgiving side dish! Just take a look-see over to the right sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment