Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In

It's crunch time.

Christmas is slightly over a week away, and I'm planning to make a quilt for a gift. The problem?

I just started cutting last night.

That's right. I didn't even finish cutting the fabric.

There's work to be done.

Here's my stack of fabric.

IMG_1951-e

Here's what's for dinner: Big Cheese Pizza

And here's the guy who knocks over the bathroom trash can and digs through it when I sew for hours on end and ignore him.

IMAG0012

If you need me this weekend, I'll be parked in front of the sewing machine, with my 69 cent iTunes holiday mix playing in the background.

I might emerge for a little while to visit the local quilt shop to redeem the Santa bucks that I earned on the above stack of fabric.

See you on the other side.

Update: If anyone else is in such dire straits, you might consider participating in tonight's Friday Night Sew-In.

3 comments:

  1. You bet I'll be participating in tonight's sew-in. Pancakes for dinner, followed by a basting session (finished the quilt top and backing last night at 11pm *sleepy*), and cleaning off the dining room table to set up my machine and get quilting! Here's to hoping the thing is quilted and bound by Xmas morning (along with everything else I need to do!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would participate in the sew-in tonight, except for the fact that I get to be Nana tonight with a sleepover with my granddaughter! So I'm sewing today, trying to finish quilting my last quilt that will be a gift. If I can get it quilted and the machine sewing done on the binding today during the day, I can finish it tonight after the kiddo goes to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the "just one charm pack" tutorial?

    ReplyDelete