First of all, I'll jump on board the mosaic train to show you a collage of my finished projects from this year. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how much I was able to finish this year. I'd attribute most of this closure to the Year of Schnibbles project; always having a queue of small-ish projects I could finish quickly definitely boosted my closure rate for 2010.
1. Patisserie table runner 2. Joy Luck in Whimsy 3. Double 4-Patch in Fig Tree fabrics 4. Winter White Table Runner in Glace 5. Cindy Lou Who in Nostalgia 6. Sunday Best in A Little Romance 7. State Fair Schnibbles in Hunky Dory 8. Maypole Table Topper 9. Inverted 9-Patch in 12 Days of Christmas 10. Glam Garden Gala Dresden plates 11. Merry & Bright Bowties 12. X-Rated Cotton Blossoms 13. Don't Eat the Daisies 14. 1974 Leftovers Table Runner 15. Madeline in Aster Manor
Finally, let's (cringe while we) reflect on my 2010 resolutions...
1) Floss at least 4 nights/week. Hehehe, EPIC fail. There's not really much else to say. Gah, I hope no one in my dentist's office ever finds this blog.
2) 10,000 steps/day or bust. This one kind of waxed and waned, depending on the weather.
3) Crafty resolution #1: Cut into my fat quarter bundles - Christmas Past (Minick & Simpson) and Mistletoe Manor (3 Sisters). Again, another epic fail. I just can't bring myself to do it. I keep telling myself that the reason I buy fabric is to USE it. For my birthday, the in-laws were kind enough to give me a copy of the latest Miss Rosie book, which uses mainly fat quarters. I'm hoping that will be enough inspiration for me.
4) Crafty resolution #2: Make 1 quilt top from my scrap bins. (almost) DONE! Unfortunately, this quilt, which used 42 strips from my dark 2.5" bin, made a very small dent in my stash of scraps. That bin still doesn't close all the way.
5) Try out at least one new Durham restaurant each month. We didn't really keep up with this resolution all the way through the year, but I think we found a restaurant to fit each of the requirements we were looking for:
*a good pizza joint - we didn't pursue this one quite as purposefully as others, mainly because the Hubz is so awesome at homemade calzones, but Amante is always a good option if we want fancy pizza. If we just want quick and cheap, Big Cheese Pizza was passable.
*a standby cheap Mexican place - El Corral
*Asian food - Shanghai for take-out Chinese, Thai Cafe for Thai (duh)
*a local pub - Tyler's has never led us astray
*somewhere nice enough to take the folks - original choice: Tosca, but sadly, it closed over the summer. Now it's Dos Perros.
By no means have we tried EVERYTHING Durham has to offer. That would take forever. But I'm glad we have the basics covered. Of course, the list of our essentials is subject to change.
Christmas was great fun, but in some ways I think I need another week off. We got to see a whole flock of cute kids like this one,
and this one.
We also helped my parents pack and move across town into their new house. Hence, the need for another break.
Like most folks, I have a whole list of resolutions for 2011 queued up to share. I'll be sharing those with you over the next few days.
Hope everyone's enjoying the New Year and (on their way to) feeling rested and rejuvenated!