Monday, January 3, 2011

Life = Food + Rest

Am I the only one who's still recuperating from Christmas break? When I wasn't helping Mom and Dad move over break, I was probably noshing on cookies. When we returned home, I proceeded to lay around on the couch, cuddled up with my Google Reader or my current read, half-listening to the Husbatron offer a running commentary on whatever football game happened to be on TV at that given moment.

(apologies for the profanity. it was just too good to pass up. Rest assured, I don't actually talk to the hubz that way.)

I moved from the couch only for one of the following reasons:
  • to go to the grocery store
  • to make and eat the easiest meals ever
  • to let the dog out
  • to take the occasional shower
  • to go to the bathroom
  • to go to bed
Noticeably absent from my list of post-Christmas activities:
  • laundry
  • unpacking
  • cleaning in any shape or form
  • and feeling guilty about my inertia
Apparently, a few days of laziness was just what I needed.

Alas, I have no happy quilting photos to show you of what I accomplished over the break because I didn't really accomplish too much. I'm actually a little relieved that with the return of a normal work routine comes the return of a normal sewing routine. Since last night was a "school night" for me, we took the dog on a much-needed walk around the neighborhood after dinner, then I sat down at the sewing machine for a half-hour or so. Hopefully, I can show you some photographic evidence of WIP/UFO progress in a few days.

With the food this week, I'm easing back into domesticity. I got a new (programmable!) slow cooker for Christmas, so I'm trying out a few of the recipes I've had my eye on for awhile that would have turned to absolute mush if I cooked them all day in the old slow cooker.


I've been trying to use up some of the berries that have been in our freezer for well, too long probably. So I've made one batch of blueberry muffins for breakfast this week, with plenty of berries left over for another batch. I'm also planning to make a couple of batches of Cranberry-Orange Scones to freeze for a later date.

For more of this week's menu plans, be sure to check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday post for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment