Thursday, March 17, 2011

Color Aversions (cont'd)

Remember how a couple of weeks ago I shared how I'm not a fan of orange, even though it seems that I subconsciously do like the color? Little did I know that the envelope of fabric for my February bee blocks that I have been studiously ignoring was chock full of orange prints. Jeanette sent out a wide range of colors, and each bee member received lots of prints in the same color. Mine was orange.

Confession: I hadn't even opened my bee block envelope for February when I wrote that post 4 days before the end of the month.

Anyways, I'd like to submit this turn of events as evidence that I serve a God with a sense of humor.

All color aversions aside, you guys, I LOVE these blocks.

spiderweb block #2

You could still ask me, "Megan, how do you feel about orange?" And my first reaction would still be, ULGH.

But I love these blocks in all their orange-ness.

Spiderweb block #1

If you need me, I'll be over here in denial about my color preferences.

Here's what we're eating this week:

  • Sunday: Monterrey after the Triangle Modern Quilt Guild meeting
  • Penne with Vodka Sauce and Sauteed Asparagus
  • Macaroni and Cheese, Green Beans (holdover from last week)
  • Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas, Avocado
  • Fried Tofu with Green Curry and Rice (one of the Husbatron's specialties)
  • Pizza, Salad
  • Veggie Burgers, Tater Tots, Carrots

4 comments:

  1. Yup. I completely believe your orange aversion. Really there's a difference between a bunch of UT fans cavorting than a bright and scrumtious quilt. How many orange fabrics do you have in stash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone said Orange is the new neutral but I'm not buying that. I can deal with orange if it lives with the right colors. The blocks are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meg! That´s a lovely blog.
    May I have a tutorial about this bloc?
    Sorry for my english, I´m a brasiliam biginner quilt.
    Thanks a lot
    mcarpes1@gmail.com
    Marlene Carpes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks came out great - mine were green! And a lot more fun to do than I thought they would be....

    ReplyDelete