Sunday, March 27, 2011

No Excuses

You remember how a couple of weeks ago, I proclaimed that I would be having my own Machine Quilting March Madness? Well, true to form, I underestimated how long it would take me to piece a quilt top I started back at the beginning of the month.

to baste

It's not that the top was all that difficult (tutorial coming soon!). It's just been more difficult lately to make time to sew consistently. The advent of spring always brings with it a renewed fervor for housework, organization, and visions of landscaping grandeur. I try to take advantage of all this domestic motivation when it strikes me, because I know it's definitely temporary and fleeting.

Since the other March Madnesses are winding down (Go Heels!), and since the weather in NC this weekend has been absolutely abysmal, making yardwork a non-starter, I spent a few hours basting a few of my quilt tops. After today, I'll have no excuses for not quilting these tops. The hard work is almost behind me, and the fun can soon begin.

to quilt

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Those tops look awesome, and I can't wait to see the finished quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan,

    Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your March quilt - anything with a white background is practically irresistible to me.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete