Sunday, June 5, 2011

Absence

I knew the months of May and June were going to be a little nutty, but I had high hopes that I'd be able to push through and keep blogging with scheduled posts, provocative thoughts and questions, etc. Denial, anyone?

We spent the month of May watching the brother graduate from college (he makes me so proud)

with The Graduate

planting tomatoes and basil

close up of tomato plant
source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barraclough/2502996388/

and then celebrating aforementioned graduation at the beach with family.

off the coast of Dauphin Island, AL

I spent just enough time at home to do a few loads of laundry and scrub the toilet, then I headed to St Louis for a work conference.

My brain is now full, as is my Google Reader; please don't even ask me about my work email. I'm trying not to think about it. Instead, I'm going to spend my last day in the STL with one of my Furman BFFs.

004
(Image credit: Picsee. they rock.)

Don't worry. I won't make her repair my hair like I did for my wedding. Instead, we'll be exploring the city.

The good news is the Hubz and I got the bulk of our summer traveling accomplished early and had a fabulous time in the process. Now that things are about to simmer down, I'm looking forward to a summer of sewing,

  IMG_2445-e

stacks of finished projects a la Summer 2009,

  Stack o' quilts

and homegrown tomato salads.

Tomato salad 
source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/simon_aughton/3517689399/


I hope everyone's summer is off to a great start, too!

3 comments:

  1. Yup. You've been super quiet. I haven't said anything since I was super busy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy girl! Hope you find a moment to breathe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back. I was starting to worry.

    Betty in Ky

    ReplyDelete