Monday, June 27, 2011

One Thing, One Week Results

IMG_2543-e

Last week, I left a comment on Amy's One Thing One Week challenge, pledging to finish the machine quilting on my Buttercup quilt. I'm pleased to say that as of 9:30pm last night, I met my goal.

IMG_2541-e

I even went so far as to make and attach the binding on the front. All that's left for this quilt is to whip-stitch the binding to the back and send it through the wash. Now I'll have a little something to work on in front of the TV for the next few days.

IMG_2540-e

Here's the backing - I used up some leftover border fabric, along with another green Fig Tree print from my original Double Diamond 4-Patch quilt, and I threw in a pink print from Aster Manor by 3 Sisters. Hurrah for using up bits and pieces!

IMG_2542-e

Be sure to check out Amy's post today to see what everyone else was able to accomplish this past week.

Amy's Creative Side

If you're here for the food, here's what we're eating this week:

Check out Menu Plan Monday at OrgJunkie for more of this week's menu plans!

5 comments:

  1. I love the quilting you did. It gives it nice movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful machine quilting! And calming colours too. Congratulations on reaching your 1week goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting about this - I had missed Amy's earlier post and completely forgot about One Thing, One Week! Your quilt is lovely - isn't it nice to have it off the stack?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is lovely! I have just started my first quilt for me- giant, handsewn!! and I am SO gonna send it out for quilting. Maybe I'll just send it to you (in, um, 4 or 5 years when I finish it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is gorgeous! I love that pattern! Yay for busting those UFOs!

    ReplyDelete