Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Productivity

The husbatron has had his nose to the grindstone with some work deadlines lately, so I've been trying not to pester him toooo much. That basically means I've been holed up in the sewing room with my H2H projects and Mad Men, Season 2

I finally finished almost all the blocks for my H2H projects and their corresponding stash projects:

half square triangles

H2H - French General Half-Square Triangle Blocks - DONE!

double diamond 4-patch

H2H - Double Diamond 4-Patch Blocks - DONE

more half-square triangles

Stash Half-Square Triangle Blocks from Freebird (Momo) and Chrysalis (Sanae) - DONE!

scrap double diamond 4-patches in progress

Scrappy Double Diamond 4-Patch blocks - almost done. I'm making about 100 of these blocks. That's why they're taking so dang long.

close-up of machine quilting

After all the piecing I did last week, I was in the mood for something different. I ignored the fact that the H2H deadlines are looming and pulled out a Fig Tree top that I basted awhile back and started quilting it. After a solid hour or so of quilting, I'm about 1/4 of the way finished. 

On a side note, I've pledged to finish the quilting on this Fig Tree quilt by next Monday in Amy's One Thing One Week Challenge
Amy's Creative Side

It's time like this when I'm glad I have nearly 3 dozen projects in progress - no matter what kind of quilty mood I'm in, there's sure to be a project that will satisfy my yen to shop, cut, piece, baste (um, as if), or quilt.

If you're here for the food, here's what we're eating/have been eating this week:

Check out some other menu plans on OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday post

3 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine having that many projects going at once! Wow! I tend to only have a handful at once, and the more I have the less I seem to get actually completed. I have a couple of projects right now that are very time intensive. I will probably be starting new ones just because I need breaks from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine having that many projects going at once! Wow! I tend to only have a handful at once, and the more I have the less I seem to get actually completed. I have a couple of projects right now that are very time intensive. I will probably be starting new ones just because I need breaks from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting is beautiful! What kind of machine do you have?

    ReplyDelete