The husbatron has had his nose to the grindstone with some work deadlines lately, so I've been trying not to pester him toooo much. That basically means I've been holed up in the sewing room with my H2H projects and Mad Men, Season 2.
I finally finished almost all the blocks for my H2H projects and their corresponding stash projects:
H2H - French General Half-Square Triangle Blocks - DONE!
H2H - Double Diamond 4-Patch Blocks - DONE
Stash Half-Square Triangle Blocks from Freebird (Momo) and Chrysalis (Sanae) - DONE!
Scrappy Double Diamond 4-Patch blocks - almost done. I'm making about 100 of these blocks. That's why they're taking so dang long.
After all the piecing I did last week, I was in the mood for something different. I ignored the fact that the H2H deadlines are looming and pulled out a Fig Tree top that I basted awhile back and started quilting it. After a solid hour or so of quilting, I'm about 1/4 of the way finished.
On a side note, I've pledged to finish the quilting on this Fig Tree quilt by next Monday in Amy's One Thing One Week Challenge.
It's time like this when I'm glad I have nearly 3 dozen projects in progress - no matter what kind of quilty mood I'm in, there's sure to be a project that will satisfy my yen to shop, cut, piece, baste (um, as if), or quilt.
If you're here for the food, here's what we're eating/have been eating this week:
- Banh's Vietnamese!
- Father's Day Family Dinner with the In-Laws. I made Grilled Vegetables with some goat cheese on the side to go with the steak + potatoes. FYI - this recipe makes a HUGE batch. We saved half the vegetables to make pizza later in the week, and still had plenty of food for 6 side-dish servings.
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese, Cream of Tomato Soup
- Tortilla Soup, Taquitos (with black beans instead of chicken)
- Spinach and Goat Cheese Risotto
- Homemade Pizza with aforementioned Grilled Vegetables