Monday, July 18, 2011

The Swing of Things

This past weekend, Mom and I met up in Knoxville for the AQS show. We had a great time looking at all the quilts and shopping our pants off at both the show and at Gina's Bernina Quilt Shop there in town. (Okay, we didn't literally shop our pants off. That might have scandalized the vast majority of show attendees.)

My loot:

IMAG0182.jpg

My latest obsession: These 5-yard bundles of last year's fabric that kept popping up in booths. I'm absolutely enamored. I restrained myself and only bought two - one of a few Fandango prints (even though I've already made a quilt with Fandango) and another of coordinating prints from assorted designers and manufacturers.

I also snagged one of those Angler rulers to try out. I have high hopes I'll save time by not having to mark all those lines on the wrong side of my half-square triangle and flying geese units. I'll let you know how it goes.

I wish I could show you photos, but most shows ask that you not share your photos online for copyright reasons. I'm a rule-follower through and through, so I'm dutifully resisting the urge to post all my pictures on flickr.

All passive disgruntlement aside, if you get the chance to go to an AQS show or any quilt show for that matter, you should go. There's always a ton of inspiration to be found, even if it can't be shared on the Interwebz. If you're lucky, you'll probably also stumble upon some hot quilting deals.

As I was straightening up the sewing room last night, I found my Bee Splendid packet for June. Yes, JUNE! I'm terrible. So I spent the rest of my free time last night making some HST blocks from Amy Butler's Love fabric for Tracey.

IMAG0183_snaptastic

Please excuse the blurriness of the photo. Apparently, my tired brain thought that photo was in focus last night.

Here's what we're eating this week:
To see what other folks are eating this week, be sure to check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday post for today. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry I couldn't get to Knoxville to meet you! I wish I could have.... Your bee blocks are lovely, even if they are late! I'm still struggling with this month's blocks - I like a little more direction, but I'll get there! I'm thinking of enlarging a couple of the Farmer's Wife blocks for mine.

    ReplyDelete