Friday, August 5, 2011

Piles

Are you a piler?

scrap quilt blocks stacked

I sure am, especially in my sewing room.

scrappy just one star blocks in progress

I tell myself that it's because I don't have a sufficient storage system and that the problem will be solved when I get a new! improved! storage system. But much to Ikea's dismay, that's not really true.

next scrap quilt

My piling instincts are deeply ingrained and defy all storage systems out there.

2 quilts' worth of blocks

I could browse Ikea and Pinterest, pining away for and designing the most perfect storage system for my sewing space, but that isn't very productive. Instead, I'm going to focus on appreciating the fact that I have the space to contain such a wide array of haphazardly stacked projects and start sewing some of these piles together into quilt tops.

signature blocks

Then they can be piled in a bin with the other quilt tops that are ready to be quilted. {Insert vicious cycle here}

blocks in progress

But those bins are stored under the guest bed. So they don't count, right?

preserved

On a random note, I don't think I've shown y'all this quilt top yet.

IMG_2686-e

It was my "twin project" for this H2H half-square triangle quilt. It's from a Chrysalis charm pack and a Freebird charm pack, and I used up the last of my Kona Snow for the background and border. I'm pondering some fun quilting designs in the middle of those cream diamonds and some heavy allover quilting in the cream background around the printed diamonds.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt...and yes, I have lots of piles....you are in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your quilt. I wish that I had piles. I think mine is a bigger mess than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a piler it's not even funny. But I actually like having piles out and accessible - it helps me know what I've got going on. The minute I put the piles away somewhere, I forget about them. : )

    Love your HST quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely a piles kind of gal - especially the scraps, when the scrap bins are already full! You are in good company!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is SO pretty!

    I am pretty good at not having fabric piles, but the mail and paper is threatening to bury us alive.

    ReplyDelete