Remember the hexagon project I mentioned in my last post? I've finished basting all the pieces I cut from the Central Park charm pack. I had my doubts about using this group of fabrics being suited for such small hexies, since so many large-scale prints are included, but I think the hexagons still turned out to be pretty stinkin' cute.
I'm planning to make lots more hexagons in coordinating solids, but first I have lots more paper templates to cut out. I know they sell those plastic templates at Joann's and fine quilt shops, but I'm cheap, yo. Since I have no deadline for this project, I'm content to take my time and cut out the templates from scratch paper when I have the time to sit down and watch TV.
(For those who are curious, I'm using the 1" hexagon templates linked from here. There are several other sizes available as well.)
I FINALLY finished all the nine-patch blocks for the Husbatron's NCSU mosaic quilt. It took waaaay longer than I thought it would to get to this point. (sidenote: I'm pretty sure I should make that the tagline for my blog.) But I'm a lot more optimistic about the project than I was a few days ago. I can see the bright light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm really excited to see the finished quilt.
To recap, there's nothing terribly exciting going around here - mainly work, yardwork, walks, and random spurts of sewing. The weekend forecast calls for lots o'rain this weekend, so I have big, big plans to make some headway on both the mosaic quilt and the mountain of laundry I've been dutifully ignoring.
I'm nothing if not wild and crazy.