Friday, October 28, 2011

31 Days of Un-Collections: Western Brights


Over the course of the month, I've become a lot pickier about which palettes I'll use. I've found that certain color cards are easier to match to fabrics than others. For instance, I don't want to pick a color card with 3 shades of yellow or 3 shades of any other one color either. It's tough for me to truly represent the slight variations in color and tint gradations. Unfortunately, those troublesome palettees tend to be the color cards that attract me most. So instead of spending time finding the exact. right. fabric. swatch, I'm spending all that time finding the exact. right. color. card.

day28mosaic
  • Purple: 32245 27 from Freebird by MoMo for Moda
  • Red: 216051 24 from Pezzy Print by American Jane for Moda
  • Gray: K001-1037 Kona Bone by Robert Kaufman
  • Violet: 27099 15 from Terrain by Kate Spain for Moda
  • Yellow: 21094 20 from Recess by American Jane for Moda
Accompanying Pattern: I love the way the sashing off-sets the hexagons in this pattern. It's on my jelly roll bucket list now.

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment