Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 7 of 31 Days of Un-Collections: Big Yellow Stripes



day7mosaic
Hmm, so something looks kinda strange with this one. I liked the looks of each print as I was picking them out and comparing them to the color card, but something's kinda off now that they're all together. I think the red flowers in the light blue are competing with the yellow. And I think there might just be too much white space in the yellow. Or perhaps it's because I picked out more than one large-scale print. Oh Well. This series is a growing experience for me. I could spend all night sitting here analyzing what went wrong, or I could go sew. 

Accompanying Pattern: Strawberry Fields Forever - I think those wonky 9-patches would be just the ticket to provide some contrast to the symmetry of some of these prints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment