Image found here: http://www.photocardboutique.com/blog/2011/09/20/cool-colors-9-20-2011/
- Blue: 17402 23 from Tranquility by Sandy Gervais for Moda
- Light Blue: 55021 13 from Bliss by Bonnie & Camille for Moda
- Yellow: HB22 Tangerine from Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey for Free Spirit Fabrics
- Tannish Gray: 4040 26 from Oasis by 3 Sisters for Moda
- Gray: K001-1037 Kona Bone by Robert Kaufman
Hmm, so something looks kinda strange with this one. I liked the looks of each print as I was picking them out and comparing them to the color card, but something's kinda off now that they're all together. I think the red flowers in the light blue are competing with the yellow. And I think there might just be too much white space in the yellow. Or perhaps it's because I picked out more than one large-scale print. Oh Well. This series is a growing experience for me. I could spend all night sitting here analyzing what went wrong, or I could go sew.
Accompanying Pattern: Strawberry Fields Forever - I think those wonky 9-patches would be just the ticket to provide some contrast to the symmetry of some of these prints.