Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bloggers' Quilt Festival: Autumnal Inverted 9-Patch

IMG_2424-e

Two years ago this week, I started this quilt. I finished it over a year and a half later. Let's hear it for quilts that marinate!

The Original Inverted 9-Patch, quilted

The fabric is Gobble Gobble by Sandy Gervais for Moda, with some Tranquility (S. Gervais) and Fabulous Fall (Deb Strain) thrown in for good measure.

IMG_2422-e

It's been the crowning autumnal glory of our family room this fall. We'll replace it with the Christmas version in a few (short -eep!) weeks.

Want to make your own version? You can find the tutorial here.

Grab your favorite beverage and some leftover Halloween candy, curl up on the couch, and be sure to check out the other entrants for this fall's festival over at Amy's.

Amy'sCreativeSide

9 comments:

  1. the colors of this quilt are so gorgeous and remind me of fall - what a perfect quilt to have out in your house before christmas. I need to make one like this - thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice quilt. I love the colors. And thanks for the tutorial, one can make a good use of a charm pack using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt, and the design is still on my short list to make myself! I've got the fabric, just not the time yet! I'm so glad you chose to showcase this one in the quilt festival!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marinating quilts:)

    The quilt is beautiful as is the Christmas version!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Quilts that marinate are awesome, and this is a beautiful, beautiful quilt. I hop you don't mind that I pinned it for future inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt. The pattern though simple is really a highlight to the wonderful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is beautiful. Great color choices!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete