Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Let Me See Your Jelly Roll!!

Tap, tap, is this thing on?

I have an announcement.

2012 will the The Year of the Jelly Roll for me. I have a ridiculous number of jelly rolls that are lovely and begging to be used. I also have an ever-growing list of strippy patterns on my bucket list. It's high time I put them all to work.

more work to do

So I'm challenging myself in 2012. Every month, I'll at least finish a quilt top using a jelly roll or some of my strippy scraps. Is anyone interested in joining along? 

If so, I'll add one of those linkfest widgets to the bottom of my jelly roll post each month so folks can link up and maybe be eligible for some strippy prizes (Ahem, of the fabric variety. Get your minds outta the gutter.) 

I know it seems crazy to already talk about plans for 2012, but I wanted to give myself as much time as possible to finish up some of my current WIPs and add a couple of extra jelly rolls to my holiday wishlist. 

I even made a badge for my little challenge. Grab it if you want to. 

jellyroll!!

Then try to get this song out of your head for the rest of the day. 

11 comments:

  1. I wish you luck!! That's a beautiful pile of rolls you have there. Would you believe it that I've never owned a jelly roll in my life?? Maybe my challenge will be to get my hands on a few! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cotton candy sweet as gold, lemme see that jelly roll.

    I only own one jelly roll and it's not even mine. It's Cor's. I have plans for it but I won't be going very far. Oh, I do need to buy another one for that large machine hex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought my first jelly roll last week. I guess I'm a bit behind on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee! Tootsie roll! argh!

    You do have a lot of rolls. I might join you but with charm packs. I seem to have a lot of packs and an odd honeybun that i need to figure out what to do with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have a bunch of jelly rolls and a bunch of saved patterns/plans that never seem to come to fruition. :)

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely in, but I'll probably broaden it to precuts of all flavors (as my shelves overfloweth!). I have dozens of patterns to work from, now I just need to quit hoarding and start sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have a couple of jelly rolls I haven't gotten around to using yet - and a few patterns in mind for them, so maybe I'll join you! Can't guarantee I'll get one done each month, but I'll try! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds delightful, added your button to my side bar and will be looking forward to 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wunny-FULL idea! I do have some rolls! Yep! both the fabric kind and....well, the "other" kind. I need to work on BOTH for 2012.

    hugZ,
    annie m.
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have nearly as many jelly rolls as you do, but I would like to participate. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete